Vacant Land 215
Posted by Public Interest Law Center of Philadelphia on July 20, 2015
Questions about legal land access and community gardening?
Join us for Vacant Land 215 workshop this Thursday, July 23rd from 5:30-8pm at the Community College of Philadelphia’s Northwest Regional Center at 1300 West Godfrey Avenue.
The Nicetown CDC/NAC, the Garden Justice Legal Initiative of the Public Interest Law Center, the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society and the Soil Generation coalition are teaming up to get into the nitty gritty of legal land access and preservation for gardens, farms, and other community-managed open spaces.
We’ll be talking about:
- Land access basics and starting a garden
- The Land Bank, acquiring sidelots, land care, garden preservation, water access and infrastructure, the FarmPhilly program, soil safety, and zoning
- Come with questions for: Philadelphia Land Bank, Parks and Rec, Neighborhood Gardens Trust, The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society, and more!
Questions or concerns? Call the NTCDC/NAC: 215.329.1824 OR Kirtrina Baxter: 215.627.7100 x223
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- 2023 DVCEE Educators of Color Career Open House – Mar 9
- Walking the Edge: Art from Our Borders and Boundaries
- DelCo Black History Experience: Walker-Williams Project at Widener University – Feb 23
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.