VALUE Institute: Student Learning Outcomes at Its Best
The VALUE Institute: Student Learning Outcomes at Its Best
AAC&U is excited to announce a partnership with Indiana University’s Center for Post-secondary Research (IU CPR) to establish the VALUE Institute, which will be a continuing resource for higher education institutions to document, report, and use learning outcomes evidence to improve student success in college.
The VALUE Institute will launch later in 2017 and will enable any higher education institution and consortia of institutions to utilize the VALUE rubrics approach to assessment by collecting and uploading samples of student work to a digital repository and having the work scored by certified VALUE Institute faculty scorers for external validation of institutional learning assessment.
The VALUE Institute will enable institutions to examine learning achievement across student population groups and have access to a nationwide landscape of learning benchmarks of achievement across Essential Learning Outcomes encompassed in the Degree Qualifications Profile and AAC&U’s LEAP Initiative.
Express Interest in Participating
If your institution/program has an interest in participating in the VALUE Institute, please fill out the questionnaire on IU CPR’s website and you will be added to our communications list to receive follow-up information on what participation entails, costs, benefits, etc. (no obligation) so you can take time to consult with colleagues and decide whether this is right for you and your campus.
Additional Information and Links:
- The VALUE Institute: Services and Resources: http://www.aacu.org/VALUEInstitute
- The VALUE Rubrics Approach: http://www.aacu.org/VALUEInstitueRubrics
- Expression of Interest Form in the VALUE Institute (IU CPR): http://valueinstitute.indiana.edu/index.cfm
- About AAC&U’s VALUE initiative: http://www.aacu.org/value
For more information, please call (202) 387-3760, or write to Rachel Golden at email@example.com.
More in "New Resources"
- Service Year Alliance Toolkit: Engaging Individuals After High School in Service Years
- New Report: Toward a More Equitable Tomorrow: A Landscape Analysis of Early Childhood Leadership
- Looking Back to Move Forward: Immigrant Heritage Month 2022
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.