Union Apprenticeship Jobs Training Program, Philly Shipyard – Mar 10
Posted by West Philadelphia Skills Initiative on February 28, 2023
The West Philadelphia Skills Initiative (WPSI) and the Navy Yard are recruiting across Philadelphia for training and union apprentice jobs earning $22/hour to start at Philly Shipyard.
Who should apply?
- In-person facilitated sessions, Mon – Fri, 9am – 12pm, 3/27 – 4/17
- Additional one-on-one and small group virtual meetings several times a week between 1pm – 3pm
- Approximately 2 hours of daily reading and reflection exercises
- One self-scheduled 30-minute Career Coaching session per week on Zoom
Learn more and attend a virtual information session:
- Wednesday, March 1st at 1pm • Click here to register
- Wednesday, March 8th at 10am • Click here to register
What is the Shipyard Apprentice Program?
The Shipyard Apprentice Program is designed to connect participants to the professional and technical training, tools, and support needed to build a meaningful career at Philly Shipyard, Inc. (PSI). This program consists of in-person sessions at the West Philadelphia Skills Initiative (WPSI) offices, which will maintain high standards of safety compliance in the face of COVID-19. Graduates will have the opportunity to interview for full-time Apprentice positions at PSI.
Learn more about eligibility and what the program offers. (Scroll down to Current Programs)
Application deadline is Friday, March 10th, 2023 at 5pm.
- Deputy Executive Director of Place-Based Initiatives, City of Philadelphia
- Transforming Justice Hub Facilitator, CORA
- Data Analyst, Defender Association of Philadelphia
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.