Tools for Navigating the Student Voting Space
Posted by Students Learn Students Vote Coalition on July 27, 2021
The Students Learn Students Vote (SLSV) Coalition has just launched a really cool tool to help you navigate the student voting space just a little bit easier.
For the past few years, an alarmingly common complaint among stakeholders is that navigating all of the student voting organizations, resources, and tools at their disposal is overwhelming, and the sheer volume makes finding the right partners and resources too difficult. There are hundreds of organizations and resources that support student voting. All of them do incredible work, and have something valuable to offer. But as anyone who has ever gone to Chipotle for the first time knows: Too much choice can be stressful, and often leaves you wondering what is even in sofritas doubting your decision.
That is why, after consulting with stakeholders and ideating with nearly 100 Coalition Partners, we have built a series of tools for anyone working in the student democratic engagement space to help them as they navigate the Students Learn Students Vote Coalition.
We have built four tools that address different parts of navigating the student voting space:
- Partner Directory: The SLSV Coalition is made up of campus, nonprofit, community, student, and philanthropic leaders. Our partners actively contribute to our collective work through a myriad of different ways, like serving as co-chairs or actively participating in our committees, sitting on our Advisory Board and Executive Committee, participating or leading on different campaigns, setting our Coalition goals, etc. Search through our partner directory to learn about and connect with all SLSV Coalition partners.
- Explainer Graphics: The “Decode the #StudentVote” Graphics are here to help demystify the national nonpartisan student democratic engagement space! These graphics explain what commonly used acronyms stand for, illustrate the different ways that organizations collaborate and are connected, and demonstrate the different ways that organizations interact with campuses.
- Resource Library: Are you looking for toolkits, publications, or other resources to guide campus action planning or democratic engagement efforts? Visit our Resource Library to search for resources to help you with all of your #StudentVote work.
- #StudentVote Starter Packs: Student leaders, campus staff members, faculty, nonprofit partners and philanthropic partners all have their own questions that require tailored solutions. Use these #StudentVote Starter Packs as guides to navigate recommendations based on common questions and concerns that come up from different types of partners.
More in "New Resources"
- New Article: Has the Pandemic Changed Anti-Hunger Policy Forever?
- The Fluidity of Identity and Boundaries: A Hispanic and Latinx Heritage Month Reading List
- Coalition Against Hunger 2020-2021 Annual Report
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.