Teaching Assistant, IGEC
Posted by on November 11, 2013
I.G.E.C. Teaching Assistant
Reports to: Lead Teacher, Education Supervisor and Chief Education Officer/Director
• An aide is responsible for assisting in the implementation of daily program activities.
• Provide extra assistance to students with special needs, such as non-English-speaking students or those with physical and mental disabilities.
• Supervise students in classrooms, halls, cafeterias, school yards, and gymnasiums, or on field trips.
• Tutor and assist children individually or in small groups to help them master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers.
• Enforce administration policies and rules governing students.
• Discuss assigned duties with classroom teachers to coordinate instructional efforts.
• Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials to prevent injuries and damage.
• Present subject matter to students under the direction and guidance of teachers, using lectures, discussions, or supervised role-playing methods.
• Prepare bulletin board displays, exhibits, equipment, and demonstrations.
• Organize and supervise games and other recreational activities to promote physical, mental, and social development.
• Other duties as assigned
(1) A high school diploma or a general educational development certificate. Or
(2) A minimum of an 8th grade education and enrollment in a training curriculum (relating to age and training). The classroom training portion of the curriculum shall be completed. Or
(3) A minimum of an 8th grade education and 2 years of experience with children.
To apply, contact:
Adopt A School Campaign
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- Stoneleigh Foundation Emerging Leader Fellowship: Addressing the Trauma and Fear Arising from Gun and Community Violence in Philadelphia’s Asian Communities – Jun 9
- Manager, Dow Corporate Volunteer Program, LaSalle Nonprofit Center – Jul 24
- Communications Director, Philadelphia Orchard Project – Jun 26
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.