Supporting immigrant communities – Become a SEAMAAC Board Member!
Posted by on February 21, 2013
Southeast Asian Mutual Assistant Associations Coalition, Inc. (SEAMAAC) is one of Greater Philadelphia’s leading advocates and supporters of immigrants, refugees, and their families as they seek access to opportunities to survive and thrive in the United States. SEAMAAC’s Board of Directors seeks dedicated new Board Members who are passionate about enriching the lives of the populations SEAMAAC serves. We are seeking seasoned professionals who are dynamic and interested in promoting SEAMAAC’s mission; particularly those who have experience in human resources, corporate relations and/or experience with African/Caribbean immigrant communities.
Requirements for Board service:
1. Demonstrated interest in SEAMAAC’s mission and goals (see Work and Values Statement, and please complete Board Member application)
2. Willingness to be a SEAMAAC ambassador in your community and at SEAMAAC events.
3. Participate in Board fundraising activities and to make a financial contribution to SEAMAAC to the best of one’s ability.
4. Commit to a 3-year term and willingness to serve on at least one board committee
5. Attend Board meetings that occur every other month, usually on a weekday and can be expected to contribute between 4-6 hours a month (meeting preparation and attendance; conference calls for committees; and occasional special events)
About SEAMAAC: For over 28 years, SEAMAAC brings issues affecting immigrants/refugees to the forefront of policy makers, as well as being a leading service provider for immigrants from around the world. SEAMAAC is also the creator of the immensely popular Hip Hop Heritage after school and summer programs in South Philadelphia. SEAMAAC has an operating budget of $1.2 million and 25 talented and dedicated staff who believe deeply in what they do. The Board is responsible for the overall governance and financial oversight of the organization; promotes SEAMAAC’s mission; provides fundraising support and works closely with SEAMAAC’s Executive Director.
Check out our website www.seamaac.org or find us on Facebook.
How to apply: Interested persons should contact Elaine Leigh, SEAMAAC Board Member and chair of Board Nominating Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and a Board Member interest form.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Online Class: Effective Strategic Planning for Today’s Nonprofits – Mar 26
- Apply for a Free Board Training!
- Webinar: Liberate Your Leadership – Mar 13
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.