Supervisor, Case Manager, People’s Emergency Center
Posted by on October 08, 2012
Supervisor, Case Manager
Founded in 1972, PEC is a comprehensive homeless services provider and experienced nonprofit community development agency based in West Philadelphia. The agency employs nearly 100 staff to serve its community and constituents through social services, counseling, case management, commercial corridor revitalization, community organizing, and quality affordable rental housing. PEC is looking for dynamic, motivated, and talented individuals to join its team and help lay the foundation for the agency’s next phase of growth.
• MSW degree is required
• Minimum of three years experience in social services delivery and case management
• Knowledge of the complexity of poverty and women’s homelessness, mental illness, trauma, substance abuse and the impact on individual and community health
• Superior supervisory management skills a must
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and ability to lead a diverse group of individuals
• Detail-oriented, highly organized, able to manage multiple tasks and priorities
• Proficiency with MS office programs: Word, Excel and Outlook
Reports to: Vice President, Social Services
The Supervisor, Case Manager will provide direct supervision for all Emergency, Transitional and Post-Housing Case Managers. The Supervisor, Case Manager will work closely with the Vice President, Social Services on the development and accomplishment of goals for the Case Management program at PEC.
• Foster trauma informed social service delivery across case management services
• Ensure PEC social service delivery is in compliance with the Office of Supportive Housing (OSH) case management standards and all required contracts
• In coordination with Counselor, Senior provide more in depth client assessments
Data and Contract Compliance
• Develop and monitor process for all client data which is to include, but not limited to: data entry into PEC’s internal database (Cares.net), while confirming accuracy of all data entered: ensure all data obtained meets contractual requirements and oversee completion of bi-monthly activities which include intake and service plan updates
• Monitor weekly case notes for Emergency and Transitional Housing and Department of Human Services (DHS) teen residents
• Manage client savings compliance as per OSH Contract
• Conduct monthly random file review of Emergency and Transitional Housing and DHS teens to ensure completeness of data entry; Findings are to be summarized detailing improvement areas
• Monitor completion of homeless status and income verification per the HEARTH act in Cares.net and file audits
• Supervise and manage nine Case Managers: Four Emergency and Transitional Housing: Four Post-Housing, and one Young Adult. Adhere to OSH, Philadelphia Housing Authority (PHA), Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and PEC’s Social Services delivery model while ensuring the needs all residents living in PEC’s Housing Continuum are being met
• Social Services liaison for OSH
• Facilitate weekly case reviews with case management and program staff to review progress of all residents
• Mentor case managers to maintain integrity and vision of PEC’s case management philosophy
People’s Emergency Center provides a generous benefits package, which includes group health insurance, vacation, personal and sick benefit time, flexible benefits plan, 401k plan, disability and life insurance.
Commensurate with experience.
For immediate consideration for this position, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to M. Singleton at 215-349-9099. Visit our “Careers @ PEC” web page on our website, http://www.pec-cares.org. No phone calls please.
- Art Teacher (Part-Time), Bridge Way School
- PE/Health & Life Skills Teacher (Part-Time), Bridge Way School
- Special Education Coordinator/Teacher (Part-Time), Bridge Way School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.