STEM K-16 Partners Network meeting Recap
Posted by PHENND on January 21, 2019
It was great to see such a large turnout on Tuesday January 15th for our first meeting of 2019! A huge thank you to our speakers, Ayana Lewis from the School District of Philadelphia, Latoya Winkfield from Steppingstone Scholars, Inc., and Jamie Shuda from the University of Pennsylvania. A lot of great resources were shared, so I’ve tried to capture most of them below.
School District of Philadelphia Resources
Interested in becoming a partner and learning more about process? You can reach out to the Office of Strategic Partnerships. You can also download a copy of the Onboarding Guide, referenced in Ayana’s presentation. You can also view the handout about the School Partner Agreement.
STEM Partnership Toolkit
Philadelphia STEM Ecosystem
The STEM Partnership Toolkit was developed through one fo the working groups in the Philadelphia STEM Ecosystem. If you would like more information on how to participate, contact Nancy Peter, Director, McKinney Center for STEM Education at the Philadelphia Education Fund (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Thursday, January 31, 2019 4:00-6:00 STEM PD Provider Convening II: Aligning your PD Offerings with SDP Curriculum by the Philadelphia STEM Ecosystem Professional Development Workgroup.
- Here is the handout from Latoya on Temple’s Upward Bound Math & Science Program.
- Interested in finding out more about STEM programming in your neighborhood, check out the STEMcityPHL Asset Map.
- From our resource table, information on summer programs for high school students at Penn.
More in "K-16 Partnerships"
- Dr. Seuss Foundation Welcomes LOIs – May 1
- Grade 6-12 STEM Projects – May 1
- Classroom Teachers in the Community Schools Movement: A Social Justice Perspective
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.