Social Services Liaison, Philadelphia FIGHT
Posted by Philadelphia FIGHT on October 06, 2014
Philadelphia FIGHT is a comprehensive AIDS service organization providing state of the art, culturally competent, HIV primary care, and opportunities for clinical research, social services, consumer education, and outreach to people living with HIV. The Jonathan Lax Treatment Center is the medical center associated with the organization. It serves those living with HIV including but not limited to ex-offenders and the mentally ill. The social services liaison is responsible for managing reception of clients seeking social services and facilitating contact between the clients and medical receptionists.
I. Job Responsibilities:
- Welcomes and greet all patients and visitors as they enter the Lax Center for medical, pharmacy, and case management services or over the phones
- Serve as a liaison between patients, the front desk and the client services department.
- Respond to patients’, prospective patients and visitor inquiries in a courteous manner
- Work closely with the Lax medical receptionists to get all patients needs handled
appropriately and promptly.
- Triage needs of all drop in patients and visitors
- Monitor lobby for inappropriate behaviors of patients and address appropriately
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies; assist in deescalating situations.
- Answers the phone while maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner using a pleasant, professional and articulate phone voice
- Assist the Director of Client Services and the Administrative Director of the Lax Center in other tasks such as:
- Updating patient educational materials in the lobby and waiting room
- Coordinating distribution of deliveries
- Keeping the lobby area clean and organized
- Additional as needed office duties as assigned
- Respond to requests for referrals to and information about local resources and inter-agency referrals.
- Maintain knowledge of schedules of all Lax staff.
- Attend monthly meetings with Lax medical staff.
- Demonstrate commitment to clinical care and confidentiality.
- Protects patient confidentiality by making sure protected health information is secured by not leaving PHI in plain-sight and logging off the computer before leaving it unattended
- Exercise good judgment in bringing any issues necessary to the attention of the Practice Manager of Lax.
- Work as a team with medical receptionists, health information specialists, medical assistants, phlebotomists, case managers, medical providers, and pharmacists.
- Constantly strives to achieve excellence in the day-to-day operations of the Lax Treatment Center.
- Curriculum and Training Specialist, Franklin Institute
- Education Supervisor, Puentes de Salud
- Clinical Lab Assistant at CHOP, Training & Job Opportunity – Dec 14
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.