School Breakfast Program Grants
Posted by Action for Healthy Kids on February 26, 2018
School for Healthy Kids Issues RFP for School Breakfast Program Grants
Action for Healthy Kids combats childhood obesity, undernourishment, and physical inactivity by helping schools become healthier places so that kids can live healthier lives. The organization partners with dedicated volunteers — teachers, students, moms, dads, school wellness experts, and more — from within the ranks of its more than sixty-thousand-strong network to create healthful school changes.
To that end, the organization has issued a Request for Proposals for its 2018-19 Breakfast for Healthy Kids and Game on Grants programs.
1) School Breakfast Grants: Up to two hundred and fifty schools will receive grant awards ranging from $500 to $3,000 to support increased participation in school breakfast programs. Eligible schools may apply to pilot or expand their programs, including alternative or universal alternative.
2) Game On Grants: Up to five hundred schools will be awarded grants for physical activity and nutrition initiatives that support their efforts to become nationally recognized as a health-promoting school. Grant awards will range between $500 and $1,000.
Award amounts will be based on building enrollment, project type, potential impact, and a school’s ability to mobilize parents and students around school wellness initiatives.
For complete program guidelines and application instructions, see the Action for Healthy Kids website.
Deadline: April 6, 2018
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- New Social Justice Educator Fund, Learning for Justice
- Adult Literacy Grants – Feb 17
- 2022-2023 Community Revitalization Fellowship – Feb 25
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.