School Breakfast Program Grants
Posted by Action for Healthy Kids on February 20, 2017
School for Healthy Kids Issues RFP for School Breakfast Program Grants
Action for Healthy Kids combats childhood obesity, undernourishment, and physical inactivity by helping schools become healthier places where kids can lead healthier lives. The organization partners with dedicated volunteers — teachers, students, moms, dads, and school-wellness experts — from within the ranks of its more than sixty-thousand-strong network to create healthful school changes.
To that end, the organization has issued a Request for Proposals for its 2017-18 Breakfast for Healthy Kids and Game on Grants programs.
1) School Breakfast Grants: Up to five hundred and fifty schools will receive grant awards ranging between $500 and $3,000 to support increased breakfast participation. Eligible schools may apply to pilot or expand their school breakfast programs (including alternative or universal alternative).
2) Game On Grants: Up to five hundred schools will be awarded grants for physical activity and nutrition initiatives that support schools in becoming nationally recognized as a health-promoting school. Grants will range between $500 and $1,000.
Award amounts will be based on building enrollment, project type, potential impact of the project, and a school’s ability to mobilize parents and students around school-wellness initiatives.
For complete program guidelines and application instructions, see the Action for Healthy Kids website.
DEADLINE: APRIL 7, 2017
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Policies to Build and Sustain Economic Security and Wealth for Families and Communities of Color – Sep 7
- Birth Justice Rapid Response Fund – Aug 14
- 2022 National Voter Registration Day Event Grant – Aug 12
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.