Scholarships at Villanova
Posted by Villanova University on November 23, 2015
THE PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
- The Presidential Scholarship is a renewable, merit-based award covering full tuition, room, board (up to 19 meals-per-week plan), general fee, and the cost of textbooks for eight consecutive semesters. Representing diverse intellectual, social, ethnic, and economic backgrounds, Presidential Scholars are transformational leaders both on and off campus who have demonstrated a love of learning and a commitment to enhancing both their local and broader civic communities.
- The Selection Committee takes a holistic approach in reviewing applicants and looks at multiple criteria including academic achievement, civic engagement, creativity, expertise in a particular field, leadership, and resiliency. For the 2014-2015 academic year, 30 Presidential Scholarships totaling $1.9 million were offered to first-year admitted students.
- In order to be considered for the Presidential Scholarship, students must first be nominated by the chief academic officer of their high school or an official school designee and must submit a completed application for admission by December 1. Upon nomination, students will be given further instruction on how to apply for the Presidential Scholarship.
- The Denise McNair Scholarship: full tuition scholarship awarded to a U.S. Citizen from a traditionally underrepresented
population with outstanding academic achievement and committed to family, religious faith, peace and justice.
- The St. Martin de Porres Grant: full tuition and general fee scholarship awarded to a U.S. citizen from Greater Philadelphia area from a traditionally underrepresented population with outstanding academic achievement.
- The Goizueta Foundation Scholars Fund: providing need-based scholarship assistance to students whose families currently reside with in United States and are U.S. citizens/permanent residents who have extensive personal interest, involvement, and experience in the Hispanic/Latino culture, and who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement.
- Anthony Randazzo Endowed Presidential Scholarship: full tuition scholarship including, room, board, books and fees
awarded to an African American or black student from a Philadelphia Public High School. This student must have
demonstrated academic merit and financial need and have been involved in community service and /or civic activities.
For more information about these and other opportunities, please visit http://www.villanova.edu/scholarships
More in "New Resources"
- PhillyGoes2College Resources
- New Issue: Metropolitan Universities Journal
- Step Up to College Guide, 34th Edition
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.