Scales, Impact and Inclusion in Socially-Engaged Art
Posted by Mural Arts Philadelphia on July 17, 2017
2017 In/Out: Summer Symposium
Mural Arts and Moore College of Art & Design have teamed up again for this year’s In/Out: A Summer Symposium on Scales, Impact and Inclusion in Socially-Engaged Art. On Friday, July 21 and Saturday, July 22, the symposium will highlight case studies from local, national, and international contexts on socially-engaged art from multiple vantage points. The event includes:
- keynote addresses from Roberto Bedoya, the newly appointed Cultural Affairs Manager for the City of Oakland, and representatives from the Natural History Museum/Not an Alternative;
- site visits to Philadelphia cultural institution Taller Puertorriqueño; Mural Arts’ Kensington Storefront; and other key sites around the city;
- an in-depth panel discussion between students and Philadelphia community arts organizations in operation for over 25 years, including Taller Puertorriqueño, Asian Arts Initiative, Village of Arts & Humanities, Brandywine Workshop, Scribe Video Center, Painted Bride Art Center, and Fleisher Art Memorial;
- a funder discussion between representatives of the Leeway Foundation, the Stockton Rush Bartol Foundation, the Knight Foundation, and more.
Symposium tickets are $25 for both days, which includes receptions, plus lunch on Friday/Saturday and breakfast on Saturday. A La Carte: $15 for Friday; $15 for Saturday. To share dietary restrictions and inquire about attending on scholarship, please email Alyson Giantisco. Tickets can be purchased at http://inoutphilly.org. Follow along on social at #inoutphilly!
Please see the Moore website for the full In/Out schedule. Day 1 begins at Taller Puertorriqueño, and Day 2 begins at Moore.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Immigrant Business Week – Jun 14-18
- “What’s Really Up with the Covid Vaccine?” Town Hall for Black Men & Boys – Jun 15
- Philadelphia Trauma Training Conference – Jul 16-17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.