Returning to Learning: Helping Corps Members Enter the Classroom
Posted by Service Year Alliance on August 28, 2017
Returning to Learning: Helping Corps Members Enter the Classroom: Wednesday, October 4 @ 2:00PM EST
Join our webinar co-hosted with CAEL to discuss how we can help service year corps members as they enter the classroom.
The Council for Adult and Experiential Learning invites you to join us for a webinar geared towards helping adult learners become comfortable with the idea of returning to learning situations. Many adults have not entered a classroom or had to study in years, and this can create a significant barrier to adults considering college. This interactive, online workshop will provide participants opportunities to:
* Reflect on their current and future employment skill levels
* Identify and assess their individual skills, interests, and values
* Formulate their possible education and training goals
* Explore information about a broad array of education options available
* Understand the concept and process of Prior Learning Assessment
* Develop an Individual Learning and Development Plan
Save the date & register here.
Note: this is about Corps members becoming students again, not serving in school settings.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Free Webinars and Resources from Nonprofit Learning Lab
- Co-facilitate a Fall Community of Practice – Aug 26
- Online Event: The State of Youth Mental Health – Aug 17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.