Recruitment Director, EducationWorks
Posted by on February 27, 2011
The Recruitment Director will plan and implement a comprehensive program to recruit AmeriCorps members to serve in EducationWorks programs. The Recruitment Director is an employee of EducationWorks and reports to the Training and Member Development Director.
Planning and Procedures
• Develop and implement a comprehensive plan to recruit corpsmembers locally and regionally. The plan should include strategies for using media, technology, presentations, exhibits, and public events.
• Establish new and build on existing partnerships with organizations from which large numbers of applicants may be sought, e.g., local colleges and universities, faith-based organizations, senior organizations, city-wide organizations.
• Develop and maintain an applicant review, selection and placement process which assures quality and which maintains central office and local decision-making.
• Maintain and refine systems to provide up-to-date status of recruitment referrals, applications, applicant status, team rosters, and other pertinent records related to recruitment and selection.
• Provide ongoing recruitment enrollment data for Pre-Service Training to Management Team and central office staff.
• Ensure database entries, AmeriCorps websites and other technological recruitment sources are accurate and up-to-date.
• Schedule and coordinate outreach and recruitment activities.
• Manage the Corpsmember re-upping process. Recruit college work-study students and maintain PHEAA and individual college work-study contractual responsibilities.
• With Lawrenceville staff and supervisor, develop new and revise existing recruitment materials, e.g., application form, brochure, descriptive materials.
• Oversee preparation and distribution of materials and advertising for Corpsmember positions to:
o Newspapers and local organization newsletters and publications
o Technology-based resources, e.g., JobTrack, Internet Service Sites, Peace Corps database, CNCS On-line Recruitment Database
o Organizations serving target populations, e.g., senior centers
o Others as appropriate
• Oversee ordering of recruitment promotional give-a-ways and maintenance of an inventory of all recruitment materials.
Human Resources • Oversee the processing of criminal, FBI, sex offender, and child abuse clearance forms for Corpsmembers, volunteers and staff.
• Oversee the work of the recruitment department staff.
• Coordinate efforts with other departments, site coordinators, program directors, and Training & Member Development Director.
• Participate on the Organization-Wide Planning Team and the Philadelphia Management Team.
• Represent the organization at meetings and events as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Supervisory experience
• Knowledge of major recruitment sources in the region (faith community, colleges and universities, community based organizations)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Excellent organizational and administrative management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Facility with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access)
• Car and driver’s license required
For more information and to apply, visit http://educationworks-online.org/getinvolved/staffopps.asp
- Social Worker, Puentes de Salud
- 2022-2023 Cohort, Community Resource Corps, City of Phila.
- Outreach Coordinator, ASAP/After School Activities Partnerships
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.