Recording & Slides: Fall PHENND Mtg on Community Science for Sustainability
Posted by PHENND on October 19, 2021
On September 30th, PHENND hosted it’s annual Fall PHENND Meeting in hybrid fashion – in Haverford College and on Zoom. The Fall PHENND Meeting is a chance for the entire PHENND Network to get together to share ideas, events, challenges, etc. It is also a time to hear from PHENND staff about their activities and opportunities for partnership in the coming academic year.
Additionally, this year’s meeting featured presentations and activities related to our new and growing PHENND Sustainability network.
Below are the slide decks from key speakers as well as the event recording.
- Dr. Carrie Nielsen, Assistant Professor of Biology, Cabrini University discussed, “Teaching Environmental Justice Through a Community Soil Lead Testing Project,” based on her students’ work on lead testing of child care centers in partnership with Penn’s Center for Excellence in Environmental Toxicology. This is part of a course, “Environmental Justice.”
- Jen Britton, Director for Communications and Special Projects, University and Community Partnerships at Drexel University, on “Mitigating harms from place-based environmental research.”
More in "PHENND Events/Activities"
- Save the Date: Meeting the Moment: K-16 Partnerships to Address Pandemic Challenges – Jan 24
- PHENND Fellows Virtual Information Session – Dec 13
- Partner-Focused Superintendent Search Listening Session – Oct 27
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.