Public Health AmeriCorps Notice of Funding Opportunity – Oct 25
Posted by AmeriCorps on October 18, 2022
We are excited to share the release of the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for Public Health AmeriCorps!
Public Health AmeriCorps will invest $400 million, over five years, from the American Rescue Plan Act workforce funding that will enable the recruitment, training, and development of a new generation of public health leaders who are ready to respond to the public health needs of the nation by providing public health service in communities.
As an organization who knows the impact of AmeriCorps firsthand, we’re asking for your partnership in this effort.
If you are interested in applying for Public Health AmeriCorps, please find details below. If you have questions about the application process, please contact Annie Duklewski, Mid-Atlantic Public Health AmeriCorps Lead, (Portfolio Manager), firstname.lastname@example.org
If you know of an organization in your local community (or several) that might be interested in learning more about Public Health AmeriCorps, contact Annie know and she will connect with them to share application resources and informational sessions.
Please share information about this exciting opportunity with your networks. You can support this effort to ensure resources reach the areas of highest need.
Here is additional key information about this funding opportunity:
- Applications are due Wednesday, January 4 at 5:00pm ET.
- Single state applicant deadlines to Commissions may be significantly before the AmeriCorps deadlines so prospective state applicants should contact the Commission in the state or territory where they intend to apply as early as possible. The list of Commissions can be found on the AmeriCorps State Service Commissions webpage.
- Successful applicants will be notified in April 2023.
- Types of organizations that can apply:
- Nonprofit organizations
- Institutions of higher education
- Local Governments
- States and US Territories
- Indian Tribes
- Link to NOFO and Training and Technical Assistance is here.
- Intro to AmeriCorps: Recording available here.
- AmeriCorps State and National hosted Public Health AmeriCorps NOFO 101:
- Recording will be posted here.
- AmeriCorps State and National hosted Best Practices in Performance Measurement:
- Tuesday, October 25, 2022 1:00 p.m. ET: Zoom Registration
- For application specific information and questions, contact AmeriCorpsGrants@cns.gov for additional guidance.
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Diversity Pathway Intervention Grant Program for legal education – Mar 1
- Stephan D. Weiss Student Mental Health Award – Feb 15
- Housing for Everyone – Feb 14
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.