Pt-Time Math Instructors-Middle School, TeenSHARP
Posted by TeenSHARP on June 12, 2017
TeenSHARP is looking for middle school math instructors!
TeenSHARP’s mission is to eliminate barriers among talented high school students of color in order to gain access to highly selective colleges and universities. TeenSHARP adopted a research-based, yet unconventional approach of empowering youth to lead a peer level college access movement within their respective communities. To build this movement, TeenSHARP utilizes the largely untapped and undervalued resource – students themselves – to obtain systemic change in our schools.
We are excited to invite passionate and high achieving individuals to join our mission as we transform outcomes for our students. In your capacity as an instructor, you will work to help our scholars approach college readiness and grow as Appliers, Strivers, Starter, Connector, and Givers. Together we will continue helping our students beat the odds and gain admission into such institutions as University of Penn, Swarthmore, Williams College, Wesleyan University, Emory University, Syracuse University, Mulhenburg College, Smith College, Vassar College, etc.
Who: We are looking for individuals to instruct our TeenSHARP students in our Summer Intensive Program. In this program, the instructor will identify and address learning gaps, and accelerate students in core concepts in 6th and 7th grade math. We are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
• Must be available from July 10th to August 11th
• Bachelor’s Degree in STEM (or at least 2-3 years of undergraduate coursework completed)
• Strong academic track record
• Able to work with students one on one and manage student groups
• Able to identify and analyze student´s learning gaps in math concepts
• Experience working with a college prep program, college admissions office or an academic advising program is a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong active listening and relationship building skills
• Passionate about working with underrepresented students
• Commitment to social justice
Time commitment: Instructors will work between 9:00am and 3:00pm Monday through Friday.
Compensation: To be discussed
Please send your resume to email@example.com. We encourage you to include a letter of intent and/or cover letter as well.
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
- Project Assistant (College/Graduate/Post-Graduate Students), Connect the Dots – Feb 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.