Pt-time Engagement Coordinator, United Way of GPSNJ
United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey
About United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey (UWGPSNJ):
UWGPSNJ’s mission is to harness, leverage and strategically invest the collective power of donors, advocates and volunteers, to drive measurable results that improve the lives of people in our region. United Way takes a holistic approach to improve Education, Financial Stability and Health and we make sure people can meet their most basic needs – food, shelter and safety. Our Impact Fund changes lives and strengthens communities – one child, one adult and one family at a time.
Position Title: Coordinator, Engagement (Part-Time, 18 hours per week)
Reports to: Director, Engagement
Department: Resource Development
Grade: N3 Supervises: N/A
Position Summary: Advance United Way’s mission by supporting and tracking engagement opportunities and events that connect companies and individual donors to United Way’s Impact work, cultivating relationships and increasing their commitment to United Way. This position serves as the central point person and unit coordinator for all Engagement programs and initiatives.
Data and Information Management (60%)
• Responsible for tracking all metrics associated with UW’s engagement events and initiatives. Ensure collection of data from assigned managers.
• Coordinate data collection across the organization and generate reports on volunteer/engagement activity as required. Responsibilities include:
Ensure adherence to reporting timelines, data integrity and sharing utilizing umbrella tool of ANDAR database.
Update all volunteer emails/contacts in volunteer distribution lists.
Assist with organizational planning associated with engagement tracking as needed.
• Process engagement sponsorships and perform donor recognition activities associated.
• Maintain volunteer tracking metrics in shared database, ANDAR.
• Responsible for implementation and maintenance of the online volunteer portal/database: create and contribute to new functionality and future development of online engagement tool(s).
Administrative Support & Coordination (40%)
• Provide administrative support, particularly for the Corporate Volunteer Council and the Young Leaders Board Orientation Program, to include: scheduling meetings, managing electronic invitations and RSVPs, arranging for space and other logistical support.
• Manage Engagement event entries on the department shared calendar.
Job Qualifications & Other Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Associate’s Degree preferred
• Demonstrated experience in administrative work and coordination
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects for multiple stakeholders
• Proficient in basic Microsoft Office applications; experienced and comfortable leveraging complex relational database
• Demonstrates required skills or experience on core competencies in accordance with UWGPSNJ Competency Framework
• Valid drivers license & insurance and/or reliable transportation required for out-of-office travel as required by the position
Applicants as well as employees who are, or become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions and meet basic job qualifications either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above information reflects the general responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. This document should not be considered a fully detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned that are not listed in the above job description and the organization may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume with Coordinator, Engagement (Part-Time, 18 hours per week) in the subject line to Shirley Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sustainability Coordinator, Temple University Office of Sustainability
- Carpenter, Habitat for Humanity – Sep 2
- Lead Carpenter, Habitat for Humanity – Sep 2
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.