Property Manager, People’s Emergency Center
Posted by on November 11, 2013
Department: Property and Asset Management
Vice President, Property and Asset Management
The Property Manager is responsible for the management of PEC’s real estate holdings. Responsibilities involve the full range of property management functions, including, but not limited to, budget preparation and execution, building operations, tenant relations, and project management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial and Budget Management
– Follow procedures outlined in lease agreement for violations and work with case managers and tenant to process evictions timely
– Assist in preparing and developing annual property management operating budget, including supporting schedules for each building
– Examine all contracts for goods and services. Solicit contracts for services in accordance with Company policies and purchasing procedures and in accordance with budgetary guidelines
– Define and update a schedule of capital needs, including related budget and proposed timeline for execution
– Work with Leasing Manager and Leasing Compliance Specialist to achieve lease-up and occupancy goals in accordance with budgeted expectations
– Oversee the property management needs, including maintenance, grounds keeping, parking and building systems, so as to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
– Ensure PEC properties pass all third-party audits and property inspections in a timely manner
– Serve as part of real estate development team, advising on property management related implications of project design, construction staging, and operation
– Monitor and minimize vacancy turnover and enhance PEC’s capacity to serve more families within its current architecture
– Identify opportunities and propose creative strategies to maximize the ability of PEC’s current real estate holdings to generate unrestricted income to support PEC’s operations
– Communicate regularly with neighbors, staff and the larger community to ensure our property management efforts are neighborly and resulting in positive community relations
– Develop reporting dashboards to support tracking of performance against budget, vacancy, inspection, and operating goals
– Conduct unit and building inspections, prepare reports, monitor work orders
– Promote positive resident relations by working to ensure residents understand their responsibilities, where to turn for help, how to operate their unit, and community living standards and expectations
– Ensure compliance with all fair housing laws in daily operations and working with residents
– Organizing and Planning
– Client/Customer Orientation
– Problem Solving/Decision Making
– Relationship Building
– Change Mastery
– Oral and Written Communications
– Professional Integrity
– Results Orientation
Required Education and Experience:
– Bachelor’s Degree and five years of relevant work experience.
– Ideal candidate will have a varied work experience in two or more of the following: commercial, residential, or institutional property management.
– Experience leasing units with government rent subsidies, such as Section 8 vouchers.
– Working knowledge of Fire, Life Safety, OSHA, ADA rules and regulations.
Preferred Education and Experience:
– Working knowledge of Yardi or other asset management software and MS Project or other project scheduling software.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
This position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional evening and weekend hours.
For immediate consideration for this position, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax resume to A. Parsons at 267-777-5884. Visit PEC’s “Careers @ PEC” web page on our website, http://www.pec-cares.org. EOE/M/F/D/V
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- Camden and Pennsauken Youth Aged 16-20 Interested in the Environment, Summer Job Opportunity
- Project Development Associate, Habitat for Humanity – Jun 30
- Summer Jobs at Philadelphia Parks & Recreation
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.