Philadelphia Writing Project Summer Invitational Institute
Posted by on February 27, 2011
The Philadelphia Writing Project invites Philadelphia educators from Kindergarten through University who are interested in joining a community dedicated to improving the teaching of writing as a critical tool for learning to apply for admission to its 25th annual Summer Invitational Institute at the University of Pennsylvania, August 1–August 19, 2011. Application deadline is March 31, 2011.
SUMMER INVITATIONAL INSTITUTE
on Writing and Literacy
AUGUST 1-19, 2011
The Invitational Summer Institute is a 3-week, intensive course for all Philadelphia educators to reflect, discuss, share, and celebrate promising teaching and learning practices.
• Attend 3-week course in August in a supportive learning environment
• Attend 2 follow-up meetings in October and November 2011
Participants receive 3 continuing education course units from the University of Pennsylvania upon completion of course requirements, which is equivalent to 9 semester hours towards salary increments in the School District of Philadelphia and most colleges and universities.
Educators who successfully complete all course requirements become members of the local, state, and national writing project networks.
1. Submit an application that includes a short narrative of practice, principal’s recommendation, and student work by March 31, 2011
2. Participate in a facilitated conversation and interview in April as part of the selection process
The Philadelphia Writing Project is a growing network of over 600 teacher consultants who work with educators to explore literacy, writing, teaching, and learning. The mission of PhilWP is to enhance the teaching of writing as a critical tool for learning in all Philadelphia schools.
Request an Application
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- 14th annual (virtual) Beer Summit Conversation on Race, Class & Power – Jul 13
- Mentoring Moments Virtual Training – Jul 19
- Virtual Event: Fatherhood in Philadelphia – Jun 30
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.