Philadelphia Scholars Admin Asst, Phila Education Fund
Posted by on September 15, 2008
Philadelphia Education Fund
Philadelphia Scholars Administrative Assistant
The Philadelphia Education Fund seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant for the Philadelphia Scholars Program who will have responsibility for general administrative tasks, computer-based technology, maintaining relationships with scholarship recipients, and providing administrative support for events. The individual will manage office databases including data collection, input, reporting and analysis. The individual will update, audit and maintain database systems, capturing and archiving information for internal and external reporting. The individual will communicate regularly with scholarship applicants and recipients and develop and maintain relationships with outside constituents such as college and university administrators.
• Maintain database (with database upgrade pending)
• Ensure timely input and integrity of data
• Develop, analyze and distribute reports
• Assist with collection and processing of scholarship applications; enrollment verification; mailings; reporting
• Assist with events and mailings
• Maintain contact with scholarship applicants and recipients and with external constituents by phone, email, in person, and through mail
• Perform other administrative duties as assigned
• High school diploma (or GED) required. College experience a plus
• Related work experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Excel required
• 1-2 years database administration/management experience required; FileMaker Pro a plus
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and complete tasks on time
• Critical thinking, problem solving, accuracy and attention to detail
This position reports to the Scholarship Coordinator, Philadelphia Scholars Program
Please send or email application letter, resume and contact information for three professional references to:
Director of Development and Marketing
Philadelphia Education Fund
Seven Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Suite 700
Philadelphia, PA, 19103
The Philadelphia Scholars Program was established at The Philadelphia Education Fund in 1990, in conjunction with the College Access Program, to promote college access and success. The program awards “Last Dollar Scholarships” for college study to graduates of Philadelphia public neighborhood high schools. Philadelphia Scholars attend over 60 colleges and universities across the country.
- Director, Individual Freedom and Free Markets
- Community Engagement Associate, MANNA
- Project Assistant (F.A.C.E), School District of Phila.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.