Part-time Community Service Coordinator, ACHIEVEability
Posted by on September 10, 2012
ACHIEVEability Part-time Community Service Coordinator
ACHIEVEability is a nonprofit organization that provides comprehensive and intensive support for families so that they can break the generational cycle of poverty, maximize their potential and achieve self-sufficiency. Through the Community Service department our focus is to provide referrals, programming, advocacy, and networking opportunities within our service area.
We are looking for a part-time Community Service Coordinator who is organized, hardworking, multi-tasking, outcomes-driven and has a passion for making a difference, who craves variety and intensity, and who values education and accountability.
• Provide and ensure office coverage
• Must perform administrative duties such as making & receiving telephone calls and emails, filing, copying, faxing, and ordering supplies.
• Organize and provide outreach for community events and programs
• Lead activities and trips for community
• Organize and chaperone youth events per SCOP grant
• Recruit assist in managing volunteers
• Update organizational website, posting upcoming events, news and resources on a regular basis
• Assist with preparation of grant reports and proposals
• Become a certified VITA volunteer intermediate level for tax season program
• Provide direct client service
• Accurately input information in database.
• Develop strong relationships with stakeholders and vendors
• Coordinate and maintain resource binders, online files, and bulletin board
• Complete all assigned tasks, duties and responsibilities in a timely and satisfactory manner
• High School diploma or GED
• Proficient in computer Microsoft suites (word, excel, outlook, publisher, and access) and internet skills
• Passion for helping families who are underserved
• Strong motivational and leadership skills
• Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group (staff, participants, donors and volunteers)
• Strong sense of responsibility, initiative, follow through and accountability
• Ability to successfully pass background checks (criminal, child abuse, drug test, school transcripts, and diploma)
• Strong computer application and internet skills
• Respond effectively and proactively to organizational changes.
• Ability to multi-task, work fast paced, high volume environment and able to work with several volunteers and interns.
• Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and registered vehicle available for use at work
• Ability and willingness to work evenings and on Saturdays
• Comfortable working and canvassing neighborhoods in West Philadelphia
• Other duties as assigned
The position entails 20-25 hours of work per week. Hourly rate is $10.88 an hour. Position is M-F from 9:00-1:00pm. The position does require work outside of these general hours, especially with evening and weekend community meetings. When such work outside these general hours is required, the supervisor will make arrangements for the employee to take time off during general work hours.
E-mail to [email protected]: (1) your resume and (2) a cover letter indicating (a) your interest in the Community Service Coordinator position and the reason for your interest, and (e) the names and contact information of 3 references. Indicate “Community Service Coordinator – YourFirstName YourLastName” on the subject line of your e-mail.
- Data Analyst, Defender Association of Philadelphia
- Culinary Medicine Dietitian, Vetri Community Partnership
- Learn more about Rebuild’s skilled trades Winter 2024 academies – Jan 9
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.