PA STEM Coalition Meeting – Dec 16
Posted by PA STEM Coalition on December 14, 2021
The last PA STEM Coalition meeting for 2021, “Industry and the Importance of STEM” will be held on December 16, 2021, 8:30–9:30 AM, led by Betsy Payne, Manager of the Philadelphia STEM Ecosystem. The panel will focus on how industry is dealing with its different needs focusing on their upcoming workforce – present students. On a recent survey, our Coalition members wanted to hear the “industry side” of the issue. What are your needs, how have they changed in the last few years? Are you doing things different? STEM can seem intimidating, but there are many opportunities – what are some in your particular area?
Our special guests on the panel will include:
- Dr. Russell Caspe – Gentex Corp, Advanced Engineering Manager
- Sherri McCleary – Penn State New Kensington Digital Foundry, Executive Director
- Gregory Posly – General Dynamics Land Systems, Director of Operation
Pre-register for the meeting and you can do so up until the meeting is set to start or during the meeting. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
For day-of questions, text or phone:
- Betsy Payne, Manager, Philadelphia STEM Ecosystem Manager: 856-304-6295
- Amanda Smith, ENGINE of Central PA Executive Director: 814-360-9158
For general details or questions, please email Nancy Peter: firstname.lastname@example.org
We also would like to share a recent article, Centering Equity in Collective Impact and follow up to the diversity, inclusion, and belonging webinar we had with Dr. Nicole Hollins Sims.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- CEA Virtual Learning Series: Building Coalitions – Aug 17
- Physics Professional Development Course: Physics for the Next Generation: The Patterns Approach – Jul 25-28
- Regional Industries and STEM Education Meeting – Jul 18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.