Manager, Apply Philly Charter
Posted by Philadelphia School Partnership on January 11, 2022
The Manager, Apply Philly Charter (APC) reports to the Senior Director of Access Initiatives. This role is responsible for the project management and oversight of the APC work stream and the overall successful implementation of the APC system. He/she will supervise the work of the Specialist, CRM and School Support and the Coordinator, Family Support – Access Initiatives. This role will be responsible for monitoring APC school compliance, serving as a secondary Salesforce Administrator, and working closely with the team leadership to develop and execute on APC policy goals and initiatives. This role will also be responsible for leading technical enhancement projects and leading the APC Steering Committee.
Background: In 2018, Philadelphia School Partnership (PSP) launched Apply Philly Charter (APC), an online application system has grown to serve 80 charter schools in the city and is the predominant way in which families apply to Philadelphia charter schools. Apply Philly Charter allows families to apply to charter schools from a single website, and all participating charter schools abide by the same application, lottery, and notification timeline. Participating charter schools conduct their lotteries on Apply Philly Charter, send seat offers to applicants and manage their waitlists on the system. Families can accept seat offers and monitor their placement on waitlists using the system.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for project management and oversight of entire APC work stream.
- Supervise the Specialist, CRM and School Support and the Coordinator, Family Support – Access Initiatives.
- Work closely with the Manager, GreatPhillySchools to foster collaboration and efficiency between GPS and APC and to ensure that family communications strategies are aligned.
- Work closely with the PSP Data & Analytics unit in their support of APC data analysis and programming needs, as well as their support in Salesforce administration functions.
- K-12 Racial Equity Coordinator, Children First
- Accounting Manager, Cristo Rey High School
- Academic Office Manager, Cristo Rey High School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.