Life Skills Instructor, Community Living & Home Supports
Posted by JEVS Human Services on February 26, 2018
We currently has an exciting opening with our Kitchen Table program as an Instructor. In this role you will provide youth with instruction in Life Skills to teach students meal preparation, nutrition, food shopping, meal planning, cleanliness, kitchen safety and sanitation, and other related topics to help young adults gain independent living skills.
- Prepare course outline for each subject taught; assist in the development of new course work and activities using 21st Century Skills curriculum and other resources
- Facilitate group projects and interactive lessons
- Daily outreach and mentoring to students
- Plan and coordinate collaborations for special workshops with other program providers; prepare a calendar of daily classes and special events
- Provide instruction in Food Service and preparation as specified in the curriculum
- Maintain a proper record of attendance, submit lesson plans, and provide any additional reports as required
- Performs related work as required.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in education, required.
- 2+ years’ related experience, required
- Excellent communication skills with youth 14 through 24 years of age
- Excellent communication skills and experience in preparing and conducting workshops and training sessions
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Must have own transportation
- Flexible workweek hours; early evening work required
JEVS Human Services is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities. The Agency will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person’s gender, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, handicap, disability, or membership in any other protected group. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided.
- Academic Coordinator for Online Instruction, Civic Education Project – Summer 2022
- Program Manager (Full-Time), Book Trust – Feb 2
- Real-World Learning Project Manager, Phila. Learning Collaborative
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.