Interactive Developer, Interactive Mechanics
Posted by Interactive Mechanics on July 10, 2017
Interactive Developer FULL-TIME IN PHILADELPHIA
We’re looking for a detail-oriented and communicative Interactive Developer to work with our team full-time (32-40 hours/week) building our digital projects. We’re aiming for a start date of September 25.
You’ll work on our development team to build interactive digital projects for web, mobile, exhibits, and other systems using a wide range of technologies. You will translate wireframes, storyboards, and design treatments into functional prototypes and final deliverables. You’ll develop functional specifications to outline all project functions and features for implementation. You will work with our Senior UI Engineer and UX Developer to conduct code reviews and share best practices. You’ll be involved in our quality assurance for deliverables, project deployments and installations, and in conducting on-going maintenance on your projects. You will also be involved in proposal technical planning with our Project Manager, Director of Strategic Initiatives, Creative Director, and other staff. We have a collaborative process for both internal and external work, so you will work closely with all members of our team. You will report to the Creative Director. This role requires occasional travel for client meetings.
- Deep understanding of coding standards and ability to communicate best practices
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage multiple timelines/deadlines for simultaneous client projects
- Strong written and verbal communication for client and coworker communication
- 3+ years of relevant development experience
- Excited to grow and develop new skills in design or technology
- Passionate about arts, culture, museums, and education
- Experience developing project technical plans and functional specifications
- Interested in presenting on our projects at regional and national events
- Interested in systems administration or devops
- Interested in working with a small, close-knit team in an agency environment
Salary negotiable ($60,000–$70,000) and commensurate with experience. Benefits include flexible hours, unlimited paid time off, health and dental insurance, public transit reimbursement, education and museum stipends, and snacks.
- Quaker Voluntary Service Fellowship – Mar 1
- Student-Centered Educator’s Job Fair – Mar 12
- Webinar: AmeriCorps NCCC: A to Z – Feb 29
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.