Institute on Truth, Racial Healing & Transformation Campus Centers, Apply by Mar. 5
2020 Institute on Truth, Racial Healing & Transformation Campus Centers
Expanding TRHT Campus Centers to Dismantle Racial Hierarchies and Build Equitable Communities
June 16–19, 2020
Emory Conference Center Hotel, Atlanta, Georgia
Applications Due March 5, 2020
Among the most urgent challenges facing America today is growing racial, ethnic, and economic segregation. Increasing aversion to difference and rising distrust among communities nationally have left colleges and universities with the challenge of healing from the legacies and harm of racism. The Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U) is partnering with higher education institutions to develop TRHT Campus Centers to prepare the next generation of strategic leaders and critical thinkers to promote racial healing and to catalyze efforts to address current inequities grounded in notions of a racial hierarchy. As a national, community-based initiative, the TRHT effort seeks to address the historical and contemporary effects of race and racism within our communities.
At the Institute, campus teams will identify evidence-based strategies that support their vision of what their communities will look, feel, and be like when the belief in the hierarchy of human value no longer exists. Teams will work to develop an action plan that includes strategic goals that align with their vision and the existing TRHT framework, steps to achieve those goals, and plans for evaluation, communications, engagement, and sustainability.
op Five Reasons to Attend
- Expand knowledge of the Truth, Racial Healing & Transformation (TRHT) framework
- Practice designing and facilitating Rx Racial Healing Circles™
- Participate in practical workshops on TRHT strategies for dismantling racial hierarchies to build equitable communities
- Become a part of the growing, national TRHT Campus Centers network and receive mentoring on your campus efforts from leaders of current TRHT Campus Centers
- Become eligible to host a TRHT Campus Center
Campuses interested in learning more about the Truth, Racial Healing & Transformation (TRHT) framework, or that have an interest in hosting a TRHT Campus Center at their institution, are encouraged to apply. Questions? Contact JoEllen Alberts.
- 2023 Project Kaleidoscope (PKAL) STEM Leadership Institute – Mar 15
- Call for Proposals: American School Health Association – Feb 17
- Call for Proposals for Edited Book: Pathways of Public Service & Civic Engagement – Feb 10
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.