HIV/AIDS Medical Case Manager, Project H.O.P.E.
Posted by Family Services on July 13, 2015
Project H.O.P.E. HIV/AIDS Medical Case Manager
To provide clients who have HIV/AIDS with links to services that will improve their compliance with medical regimens and treatment adherence.
Provide a full range of Case Management services to clients assigned to caseload. Function as a part of the Direct Services team to ensure that high quality services are provided to clients.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide case management and advocacy by carrying a caseload of persons symptomatic with HIV disease
• Complete Intake in accordance with Uniform Access procedure
• Available for home, hospital, clinic, and office visits as appropriate
• Perform face to face needs assessments with clients, obtaining medical, demographic, and consent information.
• Assemble care plans together with client and other members of support team while ensuring confidentiality
• Counseling clients on risk reduction interventions through HIV prevention education
• Assist clients in negotiating social services arranging and ensuring linkage with other systems
• Provide information and referral, including follow-up and monitoring of related activities, and reassessment as needed
• Consult with care providers in discharge planning and home care plans.
• Participation in continuing education program through the Case Management Coordination Project
• Maintaining accurate client files for continuous quality management reviews by Case Management Supervisor and Funders as needed
• Working in collaboration with the Housing Coordinator to ensure safe housing and services associated with permanent housing
• Working with Mental Health Facilitator to recruit their clients for the Healthy Relationships intervention
The Medical Case Manager should possess a set of behavioral and interpersonal skills that, when paired with the functional/technical requirements of the position, will allow for maximum success and goal achievement. FSMC Senior Managers, Managers, and Individual Contributors have determined that the following competencies are on the top of the list for individuals in this position.
• Technical: Acquires and maintains an in-depth knowledge in his/her field or area of focus; uses his/her expertise and specialized knowledge to study issues in depth and draw conclusions.
• Communication: States clearly what he/she wants and expects from others; clearly expresses thoughts and ideas; maintains a precise and constant flow of information.
• Tactical: Emphasizes the production of immediate results by focusing on short-range, hands-on practical strategies. Is involved in day-to-day activities; Is flexible and capable of adapting.
• Production: Adopts a strong orientation toward achievement; holds high expectations for self and others; pushes self and others to achieve at high levels.
• Cooperation: Accommodates the needs and interests of others by being willing to defer performance on his/her own objectives in order to assist colleagues with theirs.
• Empathy: Demonstrates an active concern for people and their needs by forming close and supportive relationships with others. Spends time getting to know people and understanding their feelings
• Persuasive: Builds commitment by convincing others and winning them over to his/her point of view.
• Production: Adopting a strong orientation toward achievement; holding high expectations for yourself and others; pushing yourself and others to achieve at high levels.
- Learn more about Rebuild’s skilled trades Winter 2024 academies – Jan 9
- Special Assistant to the President/CEO and Board Liaison, Philadelphia Education Fund
- Learning & Outreach Coordinator, Hope Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.