Gun Violence Intervention Program Director (Full Time), Greater Phila. Y
Posted by Greater Philadelphia YMCA on December 14, 2021
The Program Director position is a high-profile leadership position that is responsible for the management of program development and delivery, the recruitment of participants and staff, and the overall operations of the Gun Violence Intervention Initiative in compliance with the grant requirements, budget, goals and Greater Philadelphia YMCA expectations.
- Assist in the development and execution of outreach and advocacy to recruit participants and partners for the program.
- Establish new and retain existing relationships with community partners and stakeholders to build awareness, involvement, and support for the program.
- Plan program activities that are appropriate from a trauma-informed lens and that will contribute to the development of the participants and reduce the likelihood of their involvement in gun violence.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate staff and volunteers to ensure the effective implementation of program activities and that they are in alignment with Y policies and procedures.
- Plan the and implement the weekly and monthly program components, including but not limited to workshops, creative expression, drop-in services, social activities.
- Strategize program growth with intention to launch at one location and expand to multiple locations in second and third year.
- Build relationships with and among participants, staff, and partners to work collaboratively across internal and external teams.
- Oversee the development, collection, and reporting of performance metrics with the support of data experts.
- Provide program financial oversight based on budget and grant criteria
- Career Specialist, Welcoming Center – Mar 12
- Community Program Manager – Mar 25
- Quaker Voluntary Service Fellowship – Mar 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.