Globalization: Making the Local Connection, Part 2
Posted by on May 28, 2004
William J. Marrazzo, President and CEO of WHYY, Invites you to the Preview Forum Follow-up Event
GLOBALIZATION: MAKING THE LOCAL CONNECTION, Part 2
Thursday, June 3, 2004
On May 18th, WHYY hosted a lively and informative discussion on the impact of globalization on the regional economy. More than 100 individuals representing regional businesses, non-profit organizations, the media, local government and academic institutions attended the forum moderated by Chris Satullo, Inquirer Editorial Page Editor. Themes from the discussion included:
* The need for a regional response to the impacts;
* The need for educational institutions from K-12 through the university level to take a leadership role in positioning the region as a global leader;
* The need for a highly skilled workforce;
* A strong desire for the development of “good global citizens;” and
* The need for the regional media to provide a more in-depth look at globalization and what it truly means to our region.
Join us on June 3rd to continue the discussion with leaders who can help put the impact in context as we exchange ideas and information regarding innovative and proactive responses to globalization.
Richard Bendis, President and CEO, Innovation Philadelphia
Bernard Dagenais, Editor, Philadelphia Business Journal
Dr. Arvind V. Phatak, Executive Director, Temple University Center for International Business Education and Research
Mjenzi K. Traylor, 1st Deputy Director, Philadelphia Department of Commerce (invited)
Location: WHYY Technology Center, 150 N. 6th Street, Philadelphia
Time: 6:00 pm – 6:30pm, Registration, light food and beverage
6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Panel, Q&A and discussion
RSVP: WHYY, 215-351-1260 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday June 1.
Driving instructions at http://www.whyy.org. Discounted parking available at the Parkway surface lot at 8th and Arch Streets.
Preview Forum is a project funded by the Ford Foundation.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- PhillyBOLT Celebration of Grassroots Leaders – Jun 10
- Computer Science For All Pennsylvania (CSforAllPA) Hybrid Summit – Jun 14-15
- Online Workshop: Strategies for Using Concepts of Cultural Competence to Improve Teaching and Learning – Jun 26
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.