First Responder Grants – Aug 18
Posted by Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation on July 20, 2021
Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation Invites Applications for First Responder Grants
The mission of the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation is to impact the lifesaving capabilities and lives of local heroes and their communities.
To that end, the foundation invites applications for its First Responder grants program. Through the program, grants of up to $50,000 will be awarded to law enforcement, EMS units, public safety organizations, nonprofits, and schools that provide lifesaving equipment and prevention education tools to first responders and public-safety organizations. The foundation typically awards grants ranging between $15,000 and $25,000.
The foundation primarily focuses its resources on areas served by Firehouse Subs restaurants. However, it recognizes the needs of rural and volunteer departments across the country and will consider applications outside the sixty-mile guideline.
Awards will be made in the following categories:
- Lifesaving Equipment: Programs that provide first responders with lifesaving equipment, including vehicle extrication tools, automated external defibrillators (AEDs), bunker gear, thermal imaging cameras, automated chest compression systems, vehicle stabilization struts, bulletproof vests, all-terrain vehicles, fire hoses, and other lifesaving equipment.
- Prevention Education: Programs that provide prevention education tools to the public about the importance of public safety to prevent disasters in the home and community. Examples include fire extinguisher training systems, prevention education materials, programming initiatives focused on issues such as DUI education, carbon monoxide poisoning, CPR training and accessibility, and other relevant safety issues.
- Scholarships and Continued Education: Programs that provide financial resources or continued education to individuals pursuing a career in public safety. Examples include partnerships with schools on scholarship programs for individuals pursuing/advancing a career in the public safety sector.
- Disaster Relief: Programs that provide aid and resources during and after natural and man‐made disasters such as fires, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc. Examples include programs to feed first responders and survivors and provide lifesaving equipment to help first responders better prepare for any future disasters.
- Support for Members of the Military: Programs that benefit men and women of the military who have served their country in any of the branches of the United States uniformed services.
For complete program guidelines and application instructions, see the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation website.
Deadline: August 18, 2021
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- National Grassroots Organizing program – Jun 15
- disrupt criminalization of mental illness – May 18 (letters of intent)
- 2022 Health Equity and Diversity in STEM Innovation Fund – Jun 10
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.