Executive Director, Delaware Workforce Development Board
Posted by State of Delaware on July 20, 2021
The Delaware Workforce Development Board pursues and invests resources to improve the quality of the workforce in Delaware. The Executive Director for the Delaware Workforce Development Board is responsible for fiscal and program oversight, leadership, and strategic vision for the Board. Responsibilities include leading and implementing a comprehensive strategic vision, continued development and maintenance of strong relationships and partnerships, managing staff, supporting communications throughout the workforce system, fiscal management and coordination and integration of the workforce development system within the State of Delaware.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Manages day-to-day Workforce Development Board operations.
- Prepares recommendations for consideration by the Workforce Development Board and State agencies.
- Ensures compliance with State and Federal requirements, including but not limited to the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act and the Code of Federal Regulations.
- Interprets the objectives, priorities, policies, and procedures of the Workforce Development Board and State agencies.
- Directs and supervises the Delaware Workforce Development Board staff.
- Acts as liaison with the Governor’s Office, the General Assembly, top-level public administrators, state agencies, federal government entities, and the public.
- Summer STEM Staff Person (Part-Time), McKinney Center
- Director of Travel and Recreational Programs, Kensington Soccer
- 2022-2023 FoodCorps Service Year
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.