eCommunity Support Specialist, United Way
eCommunity Support Specialist– Loaned Executive/Seasonal Role
About United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey (UWGPSNJ):
UWGPSNJ’s mission is to end intergenerational poverty in our region by harnessing, leveraging and strategically investing the collective power of donors, advocates and volunteers, to help individuals and families break the cycle of poverty.
The eCommunity Support Specialist is a full-time, seasonal position within United Way’s Loaned Executive program. The eCommunity Support Specialist plays an important part in United Way’s Annual Fundraising campaign helping to support electronic pledge processing. In this role, you will serve as the primary point of contact for EZ-Pledge Electronic Campaigns. Additionally, you will increase your knowledge of United Way’s critical role in the community and have the opportunity to connect with a variety of corporate and non profit partners throughout our region.
The position starts August 27, 2018 and ends December 14, 2018. Specialists will be compensated at a rate of $20 per hour. The role is based in our Philadelphia Office.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Meet with internal and external customers to identify technical data requirements and specifications;
• Serves as a primary technical contact for key United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey data tracking systems including ANDAR to provide complex data extraction, data analysis, and system imports and report generation.
• Work with United Way staff to ensure the setup and fulfillment of e-Pledge campaign tool and pledge processing commitments. Provides complex data extraction, data analysis, system imports and report generation.
• Provides assistance with email templates for various customers as needed.
• Provides assistance to the Associate Director eCommunity in the resolution of data related problem incidents beyond the scope of Customer Support area.
• Works with the Associate Director eCommunity to ensure the setup and fulfillment of technical e-Pledge and pledge processing campaign commitments.
• Ensures compliance with specific procedures, tracks progress of work against plans and follows issues through to resolution. Provides assistance in the resolution of data related customer concerns.
• Analyzes stated customer business requirements and designs automated and manual solutions to meet these needs in a timely and cost effective manner.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience preferred;
• Customer service skills, particularly by phone and email;
• Problem-solving skills;
• Familiar with relational database(s);
• Appreciation for data integrity and corresponding business value;
• Data management, manipulation and analysis;
• Intermediate Excel skills and basic Outlook, Word & Access, as well basic HTML;
• Ability to handle confidential information.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org and note: eCommunity Support Specialist in the subject line.
UWGPSNJ promotes a culture of inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.
- Senior Project Manager (One Year Contract), Phila. Youth Network
- Associate, Communications and Outreach, Phila. Youth Network
- Program Associate, Phila. Youth Network
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.