Director of Projects, Economy League of Greater Philadelphia
Posted by on August 10, 2009
Director of Projects for the Economy League of Greater Philadelphia
The Economy League of Greater Philadelphia is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to research and analysis of the region’s resources and challenges with the goal of promoting sound public policy and increasing the region’s prosperity.
Economy League investors are leading businesses and nonprofit institutions in the region who understand how sound public policies and effective governance support the region’s economic competitiveness. Additional funding for Economy League projects and initiatives comes from foundations, civic organizations, and local governments.
Responsibilities: The Director of Projects is responsible for the strategy, development and successful delivery of Economy League research and policy projects as well as building and maintaining partnerships with other organizations to achieve common goals. The Director of Projects is a member of the senior management team and reports to the Executive Director. The Director is responsible for:
The successful completion of Economy League directed and Client funded research and policy projects by planning, executing and controlling all phases of the projects via support and oversight of the project teams and related project resources;
* Participating in all phases of project development including pre-sales, determination of feasibility and demand, analysis of outcomes, implementation planning, project oversight and delivery;
* Insuring customer satisfaction and handling all customer escalation issues by insuring that executive management is properly informed and involved, and that proper solutions are in place.
* Collaborating with the Executive Director, Deputy Director for Strategy and Operations, and the Board of Directors to evaluate programmatic opportunities to be incubated by the Economy League or with its strategic partners;
* Managing, developing and mentoring multi-disciplinary project teams that may draw from the Economy League’s research, project, communications and development teams as well as external resources;
* Working closely with advisory committees of Board members and stakeholders to successfully oversee the implementation of clients’ requirements within the allotted budget and time frame to insure expected value;
* Working with Executive Director, Deputy Director for Strategy and Operations, and Development Manager to identify funders and secure financial support for current and new programmatic initiatives;
* Managing program expenditures, based on the guidelines established by the Board and Executive Director.
Candidate Qualifications: Candidate should have a Masters degree and at least 4-5 years of related experience, in either a non-profit or business setting, including:
* strong written and oral communication skills,
* strong research and technical skills,
* demonstrated program development and management skills,
* practiced manager of staff, volunteer working groups and partnerships,
* effective interpersonal skills, team player,
* creativity and self-motivation,
* commitment to strengthening Greater Philadelphia,
* sense of humor
Job Type: The Director of Projects is a full time position. Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a benefits package (health, dental, vision, 403b).
To Apply: The Economy League is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. To apply, email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] or send via fax to 215-875-1010.
- Deputy Executive Director of Place-Based Initiatives, City of Philadelphia
- Transforming Justice Hub Facilitator, CORA
- Data Analyst, Defender Association of Philadelphia
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.