Director of Development, Philadelphia Parks Alliance
Posted by on February 06, 2012
Philadelphia Parks Alliance
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Philadelphia Parks Alliance (http://www.philaparks.org), the leading advocacy organization for parks and recreation in Philadelphia, seeks an experienced fundraising professional for this newly-created position. Reporting to the Executive Director and in partnership with Board leadership and Development Committee Chair, the Director of Development is responsible for implementing a comprehensive fundraising plan that successfully achieves the annual contributed income goals from board members, individuals, corporations and foundation. In addition, the Director of Development manages the identification, cultivation and stewardship of current, new and prospective donors to ensure maximum engagement and investment in Alliance’s general operations and programs. Open to a flexible or part-time working arrangement for the right candidate.
• Develop and implement all aspects of the Alliance’s Membership and Annual Appeal programs (individual giving campaigns)
• Create and follow a master calendar of mail deadlines, Development Committee follow-up, and cultivation and stewardship donor meetings
• With Board leadership, Executive Director and Development Committee members, participate in direct solicitation of funds from numerous sources
• Assist the Executive Director and Board leadership in setting short and long-term contributed income goals and objectives to best meet the current as well as future financial needs of the Alliance
• Report regularly to the Executive Director and the Board on progress toward goals
• Provide strategic guidance to Board members so they can participate effectively in fundraising activities
• Establish a Development Committee, work closely with the Development Committee Chair, set agendas, attend all meetings, prepare minutes and manage follow up to ensure Committee member assignments are followed
• Identify, cultivate and solicit individuals, corporations and foundations to sponsor programs and special events (annual Celebration)
• Identify cultivate, and solicit gifts from corporations and foundations to support general operations, programs, and special projects
• In partnership with the Executive Director, who drafts all institutional grant and report narratives, prepare and revise all supporting materials, such as organizational and program budgets, board list, organizational history, etc.
• Research and identify new potential individual and institutional sources of support
• In coordination with Alliance staff members, direct the production of solicitation materials ensuring that development messaging is fully integrated with organizational activities
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
• 3 to 5 years experience in fundraising (experience with individual giving strongly preferred)
• Demonstrated fundraising success in annual campaigns, memberships and/or major gifts
• Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to interact with a broad, diverse constituency
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Able to meet strict deadlines
• A team player who is highly adaptable to the challenges of a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
• Demonstrated interest in parks, sustainability and social justice a plus
• Bachelor’s degree
Please send a cover email and resume and to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- External Evaluator, Philadelphia Education Fund – Jun 26
- SERVE Philadelphia VISTA Member Development Coordinator – Jun 19
- SERVE Philadelphia VISTA Outreach & Recruitment Coordinator – Jun 19
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.