Director Human Resources Operations, Resources for Human Development
Posted by Resources for Human Development on May 26, 2020
The HR Systems and Operations Director is responsible for the oversight of the Payroll and HRIS departments and various human resource processes. This role focuses on corporate wide operational efficiencies and/or organizational effectiveness across all areas of personnel management. Through a process of continual quality improvement of business processes and strategies, and in accordance with the corporate strategic objectives, the HR Systems and Operations Director assesses the need for change and may recommend change efforts as necessary. The nature and scope of the initiatives will vary considerably depending on organizational needs and will often be identified by the CHRO, Executive Leadership and various other stakeholder groups.
- Oversee the Payroll and HRIS Departments and focus on department purpose and its effectiveness in meeting Program, Division and employee needs.
- Support the needs and drive the leadership of the Payroll and HRIS Departments towards the goals of the corporation’s strategic plan, departmental and employee development goals
- Manage budgets of departments, infrastructure, future directions and goals
- Make sure that services from departments are in line with multiple state legal requirements (local, state and federal)
- Oversee or serve as a major stakeholder in the operations of the technical systems that support the Shared Services Departments, including but not limited to HRIS
- Analyze the effectiveness of systems to meet requirements and needs of corporation Continually evaluate the functionality of systems
- Evaluate the integrity of data provided by technical systems.
- Identify needed improvements or new functionality, if necessary initiate, lead and directly manage the projects to implement such changes Lead or serve as major stakeholder in any HRIS system changes, selections, and/or upgrades.
- Establish and maintain controls and standards for payroll, timekeeping, and other personnel systems and processes
- Point of contact for government agencies including IRS, DOL, US Census Bureau
- Manage, negotiate with, and effectively partner with third-party vendors, solutions and administrative providers.
- Work to continually improve the delivery and transparency of information and increase Division, Program and employee understanding of relevant data.
- Assess current policies, procedures, systems, processes and structures in accordance with established goals and objectives. Recommend and implement modifications as needed.
- Coordinate the development and updating of administrative operating guidelines, standard operating procedures, and policy and procedures related to personnel management.
- Identify issues of program performance in meeting corporate guidelines related to personnel management (focusing on business need, legal obligations, and compliance of various external requirements).
- Partner with and engage Divisions and Programs to develop new tools and resources to meet their needs
- Participate in the development of training tools and resources to support manager’s ability to meet corporate and program goals and objectives in all payroll and HRIS related matters
- Work with and at times, lead interdisciplinary groups involving (but not limited to) Human Resources, Benefits, Learning and Development, Information Technology, Finance, Legal and clinical experts to effectively implement local and corporate wide change
- Acts as an internal consultant and subject matter expert on issues related to local, state, and federal compliance related to personnel matters
Learn more and apply: http://rhd.balancetrak.com/ADMINDIRCOS05202002
- Senior Project Manager (One Year Contract), Phila. Youth Network
- Associate, Communications and Outreach, Phila. Youth Network
- Program Associate, Phila. Youth Network
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.