Development Assistant, Metropolitan Career Center
Posted by on April 2, 2007
Title: Development Assistant
Status: Full-time, permanent
Reports to: Vice President for Community Support
The Development Assistant supports a fast-paced office, keeping all functions organized and effective. This position works with fundraising professionals, the Executive Director, other staff, and volunteers in a coordinated effort to fund programs and services.
Founded in 1974, Metropolitan Career Center has helped more than 15,000 unemployed and underemployed Philadelphians start on the path to self-sufficiency. MCC provides programs in Germantown and Center City, ranging from a four-week job readiness workshop to a 15-month Associate in Specialized Technology degree.
1. Produce and manage mailings to annual fund donors.
2. Maintain electronic and paper files on current, prospective, and lapsed annual fund donors.
3. Work with community relations team to create publications for various audiences.
4. Work with community relations team to plan and implement events.
5. Assist with receptionist/front desk interaction with students and visitors, phone inquiries, etc.
1. Proven high degree of organization and attention to detail.
2. Strong computer skills, especially with Excel, Word, internet, email, and databases.
3. Excellent writing skills.
4. Ability to work comfortably in a diverse environment.
1. Experience using Raiser?s Edge.
2. Two or more years writing for development/fundraising.
3. Demonstrated self-motivation in continuing education and professional development.
4. Friendly, effective customer service focus.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Kevin A. Peter, CFRE, CAP
Vice President for Community Relations
Metropolitan Career Center
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- Camden and Pennsauken Youth Aged 16-20 Interested in the Environment, Summer Job Opportunity
- Project Development Associate, Habitat for Humanity – Jun 30
- Summer Jobs at Philadelphia Parks & Recreation
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.