Craft Research Fund
Posted by Center for Craft Creativity & Design on May 4, 2015
Center for Craft, Creativity & Design Seeks Proposals for Craft Research Fund
The Center for Craft, Creativity & Design administers the Craft Research Fund program, which works to advance, expand, and support research about craft in the United States.
The program supports innovative research on critical issues in craft theory and history, explores the inter-relationship among craft, art, design and contemporary culture, fosters new cross-disciplinary approaches to scholarship in the U.S. craft field, and advances investigation of neglected questions on craft history and criticism.
1) Graduate Research Grants of up to $10,000 will be awarded to support research for a master’s thesis or dissertation relating to craft in the United States.
2) Exhibition Research and Project Grants of up to $15,000 will be awarded to support research projects related to the goals of the Craft Research Fund.
Proposals are welcome from academic researchers, independent scholars, and graduate students. The grant program is not about the creation of artwork.
The fund will begin accepting proposals on May 4, 2015.
For complete program guidelines, information about previous grant recipients, and application instructions, visit the Center for Craft, Creativity, and Design website.
DEADLINE: OCTOBER 9, 2015
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Policies to Build and Sustain Economic Security and Wealth for Families and Communities of Color – Sep 7
- Birth Justice Rapid Response Fund – Aug 14
- 2022 National Voter Registration Day Event Grant – Aug 12
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.