Community Manager, Habitat for Humanity – May 27
Posted by Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia on May 24, 2022
Position Objective: The Community Manager will support and organize residents in the neighborhoods where we work to carry out community actions and create campaigns toward upstream systems change. Additionally, the Community Manager will connect those efforts with Habitat’s broader advocacy work and support the development and execution of successful campaigns and coalition building.
Key Responsibly Area: NEIGHBORHOOD REVITALIZATION
- Support (or lead if needed) the engagement and activation of community residents toward developing and carrying out community action plans.
- Facilitate residents to identify and plan for community projects and campaigns as necessary to achieve their desired outcomes.
- Identify neighborhood leaders through one-on-one conversations, connect them to associations, and support them to do projects and campaigns based on residents’ priorities.
- Work with supervisor to design and pilot a small stipend program of hiring 2-3 resident Community Connectors if deemed necessary to advance neighborhood or advocacy work.
- Facilitate a minimum of quarterly leadership development opportunities to support the capacity and leadership of residents and existing neighborhood organizations (with the goal to transition facilitation of the neighborhood work to local leaders).
- Network and collaborate with other groups that benefit neighborhood work and broader Habitat advocacy goals.
- Articulate resident and coalition missions and visions as applicable, and Habitat’s role in these efforts.
- Conduct regular outreach to build awareness/increase resident participation in neighborhood work and broader advocacy agendas.
Application Deadline: May 27, 2022
- Chief Racial Equity Officer, City of Philadelphia
- Engagement Partnerships Consulting Manager, City of Philadelphia
- Education Manager, Al-Bustan
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.