Civic Engagement Organizer, Pennsylvania Immigration and Citizenship Coalition
Posted by on August 06, 2012
Good news! PICC is hiring a bilingual Civic Engagement Organizer to run our expanded civic engagement program this Fall! See below for more information.
Applications are due by August 20, 2012 and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please share with your networks! And thank you for your continued support of PICC.
Job Title: Civic Engagement Organizer
Reports to: Executive Director
PICC is a statewide coalition of 50 member organizations and numerous individuals that represents the needs of immigrants, migrants, refugees and other new Americans living in Pennsylvania to policy makers, public officials, and the general public. We seek to educate the public and develop support for fair policies that welcome and sustain immigrants. PICC’s programs include: advocacy on issues of health care, immigration reform, language access and law enforcement relations; training to build capacity among service providers and community leaders; and civic engagement and citizenship promotion. The Civic Engagement Organizer will be responsible for coordinating voter registration and turnout work for the 2012 November election, including the Immigrant Voter Mobilization Coalition, as well as coordinating PICC’s ongoing voter registration program. This position is based in Philadelphia and is a temporary, full-time position through December 2012 with possibility for extension.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinate the work of the PICC-led Immigrant Voter Mobilization Coalition, including voter registration and Get Out the Vote (GOTV) activities
· Run PICC’s ongoing USCIS-based voter registration program
· Recruit and supervise volunteers and interns to assist with voter registration, GOTV, and data entry work
· Coordinate statewide advocacy campaigns regarding legislation concerning immigrants
· Maintain accurate organizational records including maintenance and regular updating of PICC’s member and donor database
· Monitor phone and email, and respond to requests for information in a timely manner, providing referrals to community resources and programs
· Update organizational website, posting upcoming events, news and resources on a regular basis
· Assist with preparation of grant reports and proposals
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Bi-lingual in English and Spanish, with effective written, reading, and verbal communication skills in both languages. Ability in these areas will be measured by oral and reading comprehension assessments
· Knowledge of voter registration and previous experience with voter engagement campaigns (including organizing phone banks and community canvassing) required
· Experience and working knowledge of the Voter Activation Network required
· Experience working with multicultural and immigrant communities strongly preferred
· Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
· Standard office computer skills with Microsoft Office
· Website development and maintenance skills desirable
· 40 hours per week including occasional evening and weekend hours
· Salary commensurate with experience, plus benefits
Please submit resume, cover letter, two professional references, and a writing sample via email to email@example.com by Monday, August 20 2012. Anticipated start date: Sept 1 2012.
The Pennsylvania Immigration and Citizenship Coalition is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race or ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability or sexual orientation. Women and persons of color are encouraged to apply.
- TRiO College Access Program Coordinator, Phila. Education Fund
- Nonprofit Strategic Planning Consultant (RFI) – Aug 8
- Managing Director of Program Strategies, Steppingstone Scholars
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.