Career Pathways Coordinator, ResCare Workforce Services
Posted by ResCare Workforce Services on July 13, 2015
Scope of Position
• Seeking candidate with strong business development experience to develop youth Internship program placing High School age students on career pathways in the areas of Manufacturing, Health Care and Information Technology with the intent of gaining and/or retaining employment and career advancement in these industries.
• This position requires an organized individual who can efficiently handle several responsibilities simultaneously.
Develop, secure and retain relationships with industry employers for Internship placement.
• Ensure appropriate documentation is completed and received
• Design a customer-driven Individual Employment Plan (IEP)
• Work closely with project manager and program providers to identify participants for each 6 week internship cohort.
• Ensure resumes and interviewing skills of participants meet internship expectations for employers with available positions
• Work with participants to create solutions to problems that arise related to attendance, performance, etc. during the 6 week internship cohort.
• Oversee participants activities and assist with workshop development and schedules
• Provide individualized assessment of work
• Maintain organized database of participants and keep detailed documentation of all contacts with participants
• Coordinate participants schedules
• Document all participants contacts and activities in case notes and ensure that post-placement contacts are made as required by specific contract
• Build a professional working relationship with industry employers and participant to aid in eliminating challenges that are hindrances to obtaining and retaining employment. This includes: assessment, individualized attention and coordination
• Ensure participants follow through with planned activities as outlined in contract with funding agency
• Help to ensure that positive outcomes and goals are met as required by contract
• Assist in the preparation of project reports as needed (participation, placement, etc.)
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred with ability to speak and write in Spanish and English
• Ability to prioritize tasks and document visits and contacts
Demonstrated telephone, computer and written communication skills
• Ability to maintain flexibility as needs of contract or contractor require
• College Degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Customer service experience required
• A working knowledge of MS Office
• Must be comfortable working and assisting Recruiters with matching customers with open job orders and participate in Recruitment events
• Must have minimum 3 years experience working with youth in an outcome driven capacity
The position is located in Norristown, PA
Salary – $40,000
To apply: Forward cover letter and resume to Teri Gamella at Terece.email@example.com
- Serve Philadelphia VISTA Corps Is Accepting Applications
- Director, Sisters of Saint Joseph Welcome Center – Feb 20
- Better Bike Share Educator, Part-Time Position Seasonal (March – October), Bicycle Coalition – Feb 17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.