Call for Submissions: Perspectives on Urban Education – Feb 15
Posted by University of Pennsylvania on January 22, 2019
Submission Deadline: February 15, 2019
Perspectives on Urban Education is an online, student-run journal produced by the Penn Graduate School of Education. For our Spring 2019 edition, Perspectives is looking for papers, commentaries, and notes from the field of urban education.
This edition does not have a specific theme, but we are particularly looking for submissions relating to the topics below:
● Effects of Gentrification (on students, parents, schools, or communities)
● Practitioner Voices in Urban Settings
● Civic Education and/or Engagement in Urban Environments
● Immigration and Urban Education
● “Town-Gown” Relationship (connection between urban colleges and communities)
● Utilization of Data in Urban Education Environments
The mission of Penn GSE Perspectives on Urban Education is to provide an interactive forum to investigate critical issues in urban education. As such, we look for submissions from all stakeholders in urban education : researchers, parents, teachers, students, program workers, support personnel, and administration. We welcome a variety of submission types, including: voices from the field, commentaries, feature articles, and book reviews. For more information on word limits, format, and descriptions, see the link to our online portal below.
All submissions must have a direct or indirect connection to urban education, and all submissions will undergo peer-review.
Please submit through Perspectives at the following link:
For questions or additional information, please contact the Editors at: email@example.com
- Ohio Campus Compact Annual Meeting – Aug 5-6
- Best Practices for Youth Development Virtual Conference – Jul 30
- Call for Manuscripts: Metropolitan Universities Journal, Community Engagement at Academic Health Centers – Oct 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.