Business Development Manager, Interactive Mechanics
Posted by Interactive Mechanics on April 23, 2018
We’re looking for a resourceful, creative, and strategic Business Development Manager to join our team full-time (32–40 hours/week) to manage and execute our business development processes and work with our clients to see their projects come to life. We’re aiming for a start date of June 6, 2018.
You will define and manage our sales process, from cultivating prospective clients and soliciting RFPs, to determining how we select projects to pursue, to drafting proposals and project scopes/budgets with support from other members of the team. You will set and communicate the vision for business development, relationships, and partnerships as part of annual planning, including defining and managing client and partner relationships. You will drive our industry visibility, including strategizing on conference attendance, speaking engagements, memberships and professional associations, sponsorships, and partnerships, and attend and speak at conferences or other events to present our work and expertise.
You will also facilitate the handoff of projects once awarded to our Project Manager and create contracts and agreements for new projects with input from the Creative Director. You will coordinate, plan, and facilitate project kick-off meetings, discovery meetings, and design studio/brainstorming meetings, and participate in ongoing reviews throughout the life of a project by conducting check-ins with clients (at the midpoint and after installation) to gather feedback, identify marketing opportunities, and strengthen relationships. You will report to the Creative Director. This role requires occasional travel for business development and client meetings.
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication with clients, partners, and coworkers
- Experience and connections in the arts and culture industry, particularly with museums and archives
- Experience scoping and budgeting projects, writing proposals, and contracting
- Experience facilitating project meetings, design studios, and brainstorming sessions
- Relevant past experience in business development, sales, or marketing roles
- Excited to grow and develop new skills in design or technology
- Experience with technology projects and understanding of the museum tech industry
- Interested in working with a small, close-knit team in an agency environment
Salary negotiable ($65,000–$75,000) and commensurate with experience. Benefits include flexible hours, unlimited paid time off, company paid health/dental insurance, and public transit reimbursement, and snacks. We are offering a relocation stipend for individuals moving to the Philadelphia area up to $3,000 (based on distance from Philadelphia, and contingent on one year of employment).
- Associate Director (2 Positions), Civic House, UPenn – Jun 5
- Associate Director, Workforce & Economic Impact, Drexel – May 29
- Executive Director, ArtWell – Jun 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.