Administrative Coordinator, Health Federation of Philadelphia
Posted by Health Federation of Philadelphia on January 19, 2015
The Administrative Coordinator acts as the first point of contact for clients and visitors, facilitates internal and external communications, and serves as the liaison with other offices, individuals, and external institutions and agencies on a range of issues; provides support for meetings, conferences, and other special events, as required. This person must be professional, courteous, knowledgeable, and detail oriented with the ability to multitask. Additional responsibilities include administrative, secretarial and clerical support for the agency. Reliability and punctuality are essential.
- Manages hospitality for the agency including knowledgeable, courteous and efficient triage of visitors, callers, deliveries, and clients between 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday or as otherwise required
- Assists Chief Executive Officer with scheduling and preparation of memos, reports, presentations and other materials
- Provides administrative support to Senior Management Team
- Acquires and maintains sufficient knowledge of the organization’s mission, programs, activities and structure
- Deploys and summarizes on-line surveys, questionnaires and opinion polls for the organization
- Maintains technical knowledge of AV equipment, video conferencing, Wi-Fi connectivity and Polycom phone system, including equipment set-up for meetings and the ability to troubleshoot problems encountered by users
- Acts as liaison with building management and coordinates communications re facilities
- Manages conference room and other meeting calendars; stocks materials requested by meeting conveners
- Maintains inventory, equipment and professional appearance of conference rooms, copy rooms, main reception area
- Maintains professional standards at all times
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Post-secondary education: technical or college strongly preferred
- At least five years of experience in an administrative position with significant staff and client exposure in a busy office environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within and outside of the organization with a high degree of professionalism
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to collaborate with teams
- Ability to manage competing priorities, deadlines, and challenging communications with tact and good judgment; flexibility and ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of office management principles and procedures
- Position requires sitting at reception desk, mobility around office, and routinely moving supplies and equipment weighing up to 30 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. They should not be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities and/or skills required.
- Request for Proposals: General Adult Education and Digital Literacy – Sep 19
- Civic & Digital Media Cultivator, Cambodian Assoc. of Greater Phila.
- Teacher/Education Positions, Cambodian Assoc. of Greater Phila.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.