2022 GreenFutures’ Summer Climate Change Professional Development Workshop – Aug 17-18
Posted by Green Futures on August 9, 2022
This year’s topic will be the impact of flooding in Philadelphia and how to develop a shared understanding of the issues and solutions for you and your students
Grades 4th through 12th Teacher:
- Act 48 Credit Available
- One-day summer workshop followed by ½ optional field trip (August 18th)
- Monthly school-year convenings to “workshop” lessons and activities in small learning communities
- Co-create locally relevant and grade-appropriate learning experiences for students that include how to interpret local research and data, GIS mapping, and storytelling
- Grow a learning community for environmental justice, climate change education, and education for sustainability
- Participate or join as a member of the national Eco-Schools network to document the collective impact
Stipends are available and funded by the Cedar Tree Foundation through the National Wildlife Federation
This opportunity is being provided in partnership with National Wildlife Federation’s Eco-Schools USA, The Franklin Institute, the Fairmount Water Works, and Arizona State University.
Bring a friend! Participating school-based teacher teams will be entered into a special raffle!
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Virtual Training: Empowering Youth Using Mentoring Strategies – Sep 10 or 14
- Tech Workshops for Middle School Girls, Grades 5-8, TechGirlz – Sep-Oct
- Tech Workshop for Middle School Girls, Grades 5-8, TechGirlz – Aug 20
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.