2017 CommunityWINS Grant Program
Posted by United States Conference of Mayors on January 30, 2017
U.S. Conference of Mayors Announces 2017 CommunityWINS Grant Program
The United States Conference of Mayors, in partnership with the Wells Fargo Foundation, has announced a Call for Nominations for the 2017 CommunityWINS grant program.
Launched in 2015 with a $3 million investment from Wells Fargo, the three-year program is focused on accelerating neighborhood revitalization, economic development, and job creation in municipalities across the country. USCM member cities can nominate up to three eligible nonprofit initiatives that address one or more of the following issues:
1) Neighborhood stabilization: Projects designed to stimulate growth and stability while assisting in the removal of blight and the rebuilding of neighborhoods.
2) Economic development: Projects designed to promote business development.
3) Job creation: Projects designed to aid in local job creation and/or assist in job training.
In 2016, the program awarded grants totaling $775,000 to nine organizations.
See the USCM website for complete program guidelines and nomination instructions.
DEADLINE: MARCH 17, 2017
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- 2023 Spruce Foundation Grant, Nonprofit Youth-Focused Programs – Mar 27
- 9/11 National Day of Service Feed the Funnel Grant Program – Feb 17
- Education for American Civic Life initiative – Mar 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.