Save the Date – 2020 International Conference: Advancing Health Equity through Community and Economic Development – Aug 2020
Community-Campus Partnerships for Health in partnership with Michigan State University is excited to announce our 2020 International Conference.
On August 19-21, 2020, you are invited to attend the 2020 International Conference: Advancing Health Equity through Community and Economic Development. This conference will be hosted by our partner the MSU College of Human Medicine’s Division of Public Health in Flint, Michigan.
The conference will explore issues of community and economic development and their impact on health equity – topics of discussion relevant to global conversations.
This is an exciting partnership and a great opportunity to see health equity in action in Flint,” states Debra Furr-Holden, associate dean for public health integration at MSU.
The conference will bring together invited community representatives, faith-based partners, administrators in higher education, academic faculty, students, health officials, funders and policy makers from around the world. Participants will learn from each other, engage in dialogue and highlight partnerships to identify research collaborations that will address health equity through community and economic development.
The 2020 International Conference will:
- Explore the institutional and systemic factors contributing to economic development and health inequity;
- Highlight examples and existing collaborations of community-campus partnerships that are advancing economic development and health equity;
- Build momentum for policy solutions that help communities and institutions navigate the current environment, and more effectively assert their interests through policy development and engagement;
- Strengthen the growing international movement to deepen community engagement through authentic community partnerships; and
- Create new partnerships amongst institutions of higher education, local communities and national stakeholder organizations to advance a public health agenda for change.
The CCPH conference is an inclusive learning environment where all are embraced for the knowledge, perspective, and experience they bring. CCPH will invite both national and regional leaders to discuss health equity initiatives that are working.
For more information about the 2020 International Conference: https://www.ccphealth.org/ccph-2020/?mc_cid=d7a0ebd938&mc_eid=db5e1adac3
- Call for Proposals: Green Philly Symposium
- 2020 Annual Conference – Grantmakers for Education
- The Challah Convention – Aug 13&14
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.