Interaction Institute for Social Change Facilitative Leadership Workshop
Posted by on January 30, 2011
The Interaction Institute for Social Change (IISC) invites you to attend its first ever New York City-based public offering of our acclaimed Facilitative Leadership® workshop.
This two-day practical, relevant, and interactive learning opportunity is being offered on Thursday, March 31 and Friday, April 1, 2011 on the campus of Milano The New School for Management and Urban Policy. Secure your seat today by registering now.
Many of us in the social sector are struggling with how to handle the complexity that we face in our work. Effective leadership in these times is not about striving to control what is uncontrollable; rather, it is about creating the conditions for groups, teams, organizations, and communities to effectively and creatively cope with threats and leverage opportunities for advancement. Facilitative Leadership® is grounded in the belief that today’s leaders must inspire and create conditions that enable others to be their best in the pursuit of shared goals. This includes making it easy for others to offer their unique perspectives and talents, speak up when they have problems, take initiative, make appropriate decisions, work with others, and share responsibility for the health of the team, organization, or community.
As a participant in this two-day Facilitative Leadership® workshop, you will learn practical skills, including how to:
* Inspire shared visions to guide collective work.
* Measure success outcomes across multiple dimensions.
* Seek maximum and appropriate stakeholder engagement in decision-making.
* Facilitate conversations to help people with diverse perspectives reach agreement.
* Design meetings and other convenings that bring out the best in people and guide them toward desired outcomes.
* Coach others, grounded in attentive listening as well as thoughtful advocacy.
This opportunity is ideal for non-profit executives, program directors, community-based leaders, foundation officers, and change agents of all kinds. Read some testimonials from Facilitative Leadership® alumni.
The co-trainers for this workshop will be Melinda Weekes and Curtis Ogden. $650.00 includes the cost of the Facilitative Leadership® manual and other workshop materials, as well as breakfast and lunch for the two days.
For more information, please contact our Public Workshop Coordinator, Chris Toppin, at 617-535-7150 or email@example.com.
Feel free to forward this email to others who may be interested in this exceptional professional development opportunity.
- Call for Proposals: 2021 Summit, Coming Together for the Common Good – Dec 7
- Student Success in the Early Grades, ASCD Symposium – Dec 9
- 2021 Leadership Summit on Educator Mental Health and Wellness – Jan 27-29
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.