Human Resources Generalist, American Friends Service Committee
Posted by American Friends Service Committee on August 11, 2014
Human Resources Generalist, American Friends Service Committee (AFSC)
Posted on: July 31, 2014
AFSC is a Quaker organization devoted to service, development and peace programs throughout the world. Our work is based on the belief in the worth of every person and faith in the power of love to overcome violence and injustice.
Summary of Principal Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist will design and carry-out and assist with the implementation of an organization wide employment and career development program. Also perform a variety of confidential and administrative duties based on organizational procedures.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities: The key responsibilities of the Human Resources Generalist include the following:
- Provide in-depth support for all areas of the employment process, including creating and maintaining specialized recruitment databases and electronic search files. Respond to general employment inquires. Responsible for posting all AFSC job openings and job descriptions.
- Assists in hiring process by coordinating telephone interviews and work with external vendor to perform reference checks. Respond to general employment inquires.
- Track all recruitments and timelines, in collaboration with the position supervisor Human Resources Director for all open positions.
- Support the Human Resources Department in the preparation and finalization of job descriptions. Maintain and ensure the accuracy of the official electronic job description database.
- Ensure that recruitment process is in adherence with Human Resources policies, and conducts searches. Provide advice and guidance to hiring supervisors and search committees in regional offices, as requested.
- Work with the Director of Human Resources to determine if open positions should be targeted, in accordance with Affirmative Action policies and procedures.
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Human Resources and immigration attorney on visa matters related to applicants and staff.
- Advise regions, and Central Office regarding the appropriate AFSC human resources procedures.
- Provide administrative support to the Position Evaluation Committee (PEC), as needed.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining the official personnel files in accordance with the Nationwide Policy on Personnel Records.
- In collaboration and cooperation of both central and regional staff, oversee an ongoing new staff orientation program.
- Maintain and update the performance evaluation system database, including production and distribution of mid-point, end-of-probation, and annual performance evaluation materials. Produce monthly status reports and other periodic status reports, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Human Resources Director.
- Conduct data analysis and produce periodic statistical and narrative reports as requested by the Director of Human Resources and Inclusion.
- Work in collaboration with the HRIS Associate in troubleshooting computer problems and questions within the unit. Create additional computer applications and reports, as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources and Inclusion, Assist with special projects and backing-up other staff in the Human Resources Department.
- Conduct exit interviews in the Central Office.
- Director of Intensive Behavioral Health Services, Public Health Management Corporation
- Executive Director, Big Picture Philadelphia – Dec 7
- Stoneleigh Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunities
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.